Sales Director, Nordic Hospital Solutions at Mediq Sweden
On behalf of Mediq Sweden we are looking for the new Sales Director to boost and energize the business together with a dedicated team situated in Kungsbacka close to Gothenburg. Are you passionate about the medical device business and do you want to be a part of a Nordic set up and a member of the local Swedish Management Team (SMT)? Then please read this add and apply for this unique opportunity.
Role in the organization
The Sales Director reports to the Vice President of Nordic Hospital Solutions located in Finland. The Nordic business unit consists of about 150 employees in total. Sales directors in each country are responsible for their local business. Sales directors are members of the Nordic Hospital Solutions leadership team.
The Sales Director has a dotted line to the Swedish Managing Director and will be daily colleagues with the local Swedish organization. The Sales Director will be a member of the local Swedish Management Team (SMT).
The job and responsibilities
The Sales Director is overall responsible for meeting the set targets for the Hospital business unit in the Swedish market. This happens through direct leadership, training of the sales force, direct contact to key customers, suppliers and other partners and a strong collaboration internally regarding the defined strategies for the business area. The Sales Director will work closely with the Nordic colleagues.
The Sales Director will have a combination of operational responsibilities, people management and strategic market development for a total team of around 40 FTE.
4 key areas of responsibility have been defined:
- Business planning for hospital solutions business in Sweden:
- Setting sales strategy for local sales teams.
- Leading the preparation of operational plans for country teams.
- Setting P&L and sales budget for local organization.
- Responsible for profitable growth of the business.
- Performance management of the hospital solutions sales organization:
- Setting up local organization.
- Setting local responsibilities.
- Setting local targets and incentive plans for the team.
- One-to-one discussions with subordinates.
- Good results on employee surveys.
- Supplier relationship management of the exclusive suppliers together with the Nordic organization:
- Participating in the making of Nordic agreements with suppliers.
- Finding and selecting specific Swedish suppliers.
- Making supplier (sales) plans for local and Nordic suppliers.
- Leading sales and marketing activities of the Swedish Hospital Solutions business:
- Leading sales activities.
- Leading tender activities.
- Leading marketing activities.
- Sales and demand forecasting.
- Active participation in M&A projects within hospital solutions.
- An experienced leader and good people manager with preferably 10 years of management but could be a younger talent with less experience. Experience from an international larger matrix organization is a must.
- Experience in medical device sales organization towards hospitals, but most important is a proven sales results and building strong teams.
- Strong business understanding and market drivers/health care sector.
- Experience in B2B indirect sales techniques.
- Understanding the public procurement process/tender process.
- Well-established network to hospital purchasing organizations.
- Strong negotiator – be able to close the deals.
- A suitable academic background preferably at Master level.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in Swedish as well as English.
Mediq is an international healthcare company which provides medical devices to professional healthcare and homecare. The company is active in 13 countries and being around 3000 employees. Since 2013 it has been owned by the private equity firm Advent International.
Nordic Hospital Solutions is a leading hospital focused medical device sales, marketing, and solution provider organization in the Nordics. The key areas within Swedish Hospital Solutions business presently are Surgery & Operating Room, Wound Care, Laboratory Diagnostics and Medication Automation.
To hear more about the role, please contact Partner Søren Bentsen from Hudson Nordic in Copenhagen or Senior Consultant Agneta Almquist, PhD in Stockholm on telephone + 45 70 27 77 33 or +46 708 28 28 89. Hudson Nordic assists Mediq Sweden in the recruitment. To apply, please use the “Ansøg” button on top of the page.