With more than 20 years of experience of building infrastructure in the Nordics, GlobalConnect is the leading supplier of fiber-based data communications and data centres in Northern Europe.
In May 2018, GlobalConnect was acquired by EQT Infrastructure, which enables them to continuously invest in new infrastructure, automation, and security solutions.
GlobalConnect’s fiber network allows people to reach almost any destination in the Nordics. The backbone connects to owned local networks and data centres in Denmark, Finland, Norway, Sweden and Germany and POP in all major interconnection cities, enabling a strong local presence with global reach. GlobalConnect owns 100.000 km fiber network and 33.000 m2 of secure data centres in Sweden, Norway, Denmark, Finland, and Germany and is a one stop shop offering a full suite of carrier services. On top of this, a new digital highway from Berlin to the northern parts of Europe is being built.
GlobalConnect’s presence and infrastructure are the starting point for the next step in their customers’ digital journey. In addition, customers gain access to market-leading solutions in networking, IT security, IT outsourcing and data communication.
Job responsibilities, relations and challenges
The role reports to the Senior Director and Head of Group Network Operations.
This role is going to manage a team of highly skilled technicians residing in Denmark, Sweden, Norway and take operational ownership of the technologies and equipment residing in the Access Network Operations Services area. Part of this is to ensure delivery according to the operational strategy. The main purpose of this role is to take the responsibility of the Access Network Operations Services team and help transform the current organization from a country-based approach into a function-based approach, covering all countries GlobalConnect operates in. You will be part of Head of Network Operations Management Team.
- 8 Direct reports (technicians)
- Responsible for layer 2 services operations, vendors like
- Access network technology, typically OLT/ONT
- Network Near Services (DHCP, DNS, IP Management etc.)
- Production Security
- Anti-DDoS Services
- Production firewalling
- On-Call services
We are looking for a manager who co-operates well with others; shares knowledge, experience and information and supports team goals. You provide the team with a clear sense of direction and keeps the team focused on well-defined objectives since you communicate in a clear, precise, and structured way.
- Act on own initiative, makes things happen and accepts responsibility for the results.
- Plans ahead, defines clear priorities and allocates resources effectively.
- Motivate your team through delegation, empowerment, and coaching and you promote career and self-development.
- You are motivated by creating stabilization and performance and thrive in leading a cross Nordic team.
- Enjoy defining plans and projects and see them succeed, and of course: likes to work with network technology.
- Understanding of the internet/connectivity services industry. A general knowledge of Network security, IP, routing and switching technologies is an advantage.
- The security and data integrity of the network and customers are critical to GlobalConnect and therefore a background check the selected candidate will be done.
- Excellent communication skills both verbally and in writing is a must as well as importance to master both Danish and English fluently.
- Experience with handling budgets.
- Driver’s license.
Preferably knowledge regarding:
- OSPF, BGP, IS-IS, Routing
- Network architecture
- Network infrastructure monitoring
- Network Near Systems (DNS, DHCP, IPAM, Radius etc.)
Preferred product knowledge:
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Team player including having the ability to work across organizational and country borders when needed, cross-cultural understanding.
- Stakeholder management.
- Strong communication skills.
- People management skills, with the patience and understanding to deal with a diverse workforce and various issues.
- Conflict management skills.
- Change management skills.
For more information, please reach out to Search Consultant Benjamin Våg either at phone +45 3133 0651 or mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
To apply, please click on “ansøg” in the top left corner of this page. Applications can be sent in both Danish and English.