Actuarial Manager of Defined Benefit Pensions – Deloitte Denmark
Intriguing and developing role as Actuarial Manager of Defined Benefit (DB) Pensions Scheme, where you get an opportunity to further develop an already specialised and successful business area, where Deloitte has positioned their advisory and solutions as top of the class. The role operates across the Nordics, collaborates with highly specialised and experienced colleagues across the Deloitte network. In your role, you will manage and grow an attractive client portfolio.
The role operates out of Deloitte’s Danish head office in Copenhagen, and you can either relocate, work in a hybrid, or out of one of Deloitte’s other offices. Either or, you become part of an extremely specialized and highly competent professional environment. The team, Actuarial, Risk & Advanced Analytics (“ARAA”) and presents a strong and diverse team with plenty of possibilities to develop yourself even further.
Specialist role at Manager level, where you set the direction and quality levels for Defined Benefit Pensions Scheme across the Nordics
Your role is a specialist role with specialist responsibility but also with a business scope, where you can affect the type of clients, the scope of services, and what quality standards that you want to represent. In your work, you collaborate with specialists across ARAA, audit teams and Defined Benefit Pensions Specialists across the Nordics and internationally, Deloitte’s international network, and Deloitte Nordics’ key audit- and advisory clients. In your interaction with your clients, you might be the sole expert to rely on, and where your advisory makes an impact. Some of your tasks include:
- Global Actuary for several large Danish companies with subsidiaries worldwide.
- Valuation of defined benefit schemes for Nordic subsidiaries of international companies.
- Managing audits of defined benefit schemes for large Nordic companies.
- Participation in M&A transactions with involvement of Nordic companies that are either owners or subsidiaries of international companies.
- Development of the Defined Benefits Pensions area in Deloitte Nordic.
- Advisory on assumptions etc. to the Defined Benefits Pensions clients.
An internationally qualified Actuary with practical experience and business mindset
Your entrance to this role can be several, where you might have experience from advisory and consulting or come from the industry and with a distinct motivation for making a difference and create value within your specialist area. Towards your stakeholders, you are used to engage in qualified discussions, where you analyse contexts, propose solutions, and ensure that solutions are value-adding to your clients. To succeed, we expect that your skills and experience include:
- An internationally qualified Actuary degree or similar with at least 5 years of practical experience from the insurance industry and from defined benefit schemes.
- Strong communication skills and a desire to satisfy the clients, i.e., not only find the problems, but also find the solutions.
- Focused, process oriented and with an attention to detail.
- Drive and willingness to take on the unexpected tasks – acknowledge that you are part of a strong and collaborative team.
- Fluent in English – Scandinavian language skills are an advantage but not a requirement.
Why join Deloitte and ARAA?
Deloitte holds a strong position on the Danish market due to their professionally skilled people, attraction of talents, strong educational and development programs, and their established career paths and their informal flat organizational structure. Their employees are focused on creating sustainable solutions for their clients.
ARAA has become an experienced section within Deloitte and has developed into becoming a very strong actuarial consulting business. If you join, you get to be part of a team with high technical standards, and with team members that are truly motivated by the diverse technical engagements that ARAA offers. You can be sure that you can continuously develop your technical and personal skills.
To learn more, you are welcome to contact Assignment Manager Isabel Moerkeberg at ph. 7027 7733 or write to firstname.lastname@example.org. To apply, please click on “ansøg” in the top left corner. We look at the applications on an ongoing basis.