Area Director, Learning & Development – Roskilde
Do you want to join an organisation, where People constitutes the platform of and true asset in the business operations? Can you, with your broad experience in Learning & Development, define and execute an ambitious People agenda? And are you a motivating and engaging leader with a strong customer orientation? Then we suggest that you continue reading.
Our client is a full-service Danish IT house with more than 1.400 employees in Denmark and Poland and with more than 50 years’ experience developing and operating IT for customers in the financial industry. Our client offers consultancy, technology and operational services and develops the financial IT of the future. Growth happens rapidly, both in size, employees, and in their ambitions to be an industry leader and front-runner in technology.
This requires the best people, and the best programs to attract, onboard, develop, train, retain and manage talent. Because people are the most important asset, Learning & Development plays an integral part of the execution of the strategy. Together with a team of 10 experienced HRD consultants and trainers incl. a manager, you get a great opportunity, almost with no limitations, to set the strategy for your area of expertise.
Heading Learning & Development across the full-service portfolio
You serve an important role, when it comes to onboarding, retention, development, and training. Today, there is a structure for various leadership programs and trainings that have been conceptualised and implemented, and they need to be extended to cover additional managerial levels. There are other areas, where your strategic and tactical outlook is needed to support a business agenda that require scale-up in people and competencies, and where your department is key for safeguarding the organisation for the future. Together with your team, some of your department’s deliveries are:
- New approach to the Tech & Leadership Academies, and how service offerings and training can ensure a 30% classroom training and 70% on-the-job training philosophy.
- Continuous development of the Engagement Pulse Surveys that are supported by the Peakon platform.
- Onboarding program covering both Denmark and Poland (100 days).
- Exit surveys, analyses and actions.
- Development and training of the organisation to cope with change and transition, and training leaders at all levels in the leadership foundation.
- Implementation of new systems, e.g., digital learning to support development and training.
- Competency development in people-processes that include performance development, succession planning, and development of soft- and technical skills and business skills.
- A L&D product portfolio that supports the business strategy.
- Actively participate in selected training activities, facilitating workshops, learnings, and cross-organisational projects.
- Engagement, motivation, and development of own team and manager, and contribute as a strong colleague in the management team.
Business-minded leader with deep insight and conceptual capabilities within Learning & Development
As a person, we expect you to be enterprising and with a true passion for engaging and involving others through value-creating HR that supports the business with pragmatic business-centric and adaptable solutions. Towards stakeholders, colleagues, and employees, you demonstrate empathy, integrity, and respect, combined with an understanding of what drives, motivates and changes people.
You can easily take your knowledge and experience and translate it to concepts and systems, and with your business orientation, you know how to anchor your initiatives in the organisation. Your experience has matured you and strengthened your resilience. You are of course proactive, impatient, and yet patient, and you know when to execute, wait, refine, or ask more questions.
Professionally, you have experience within your area of expertise, and your knowledge is deep enough to challenge concepts and solutions, and to know how the initiatives link to each other:
- Academic credentials on B.Sc. (HD) or M.Sc. level in Communications, HR, or another related area, combined with strong experience in developing and executing people development / a broad L&D agenda.
- Preferably experience from FinTech or another company in Financial Services, or alternatively a larger IT-company.
- Experience in Leadership Development and with specific experience from having built Academies that can be directly linked to the business strategy.
- Management experience for a small team and with a leadership profile.
- Experience in developing concepts from scratch and execute on these, and experience in working with systems and data.
- Strong skills in MS Office and fluent in written and verbal English.
People & Communications – HR with an ambitious agenda
In your role, you report to the Head of People & Communications (Executive Vice President), and you are part of the management team together with the Area Directors for Payroll & HR Legal, Talent & Workforce, and Communications. In total, you collaborate with approx. 50 engaged colleagues in People & Communications within Denmark and Poland.
People & Communications is dedicated to map and provide a continuous overview of the talent pool, while at the same time working closely with the business to discover and define the competencies needed in the future to enable the organization to deliver the right technological solutions and ensure the right approach to customers. Strategic workforce planning is being implemented. People & Communications is also proactively involved in strategic communications towards customers and employees and P&C is structuring and developing cross-disciplinary education and training of talents to support the continuous internationalization through scaling up in other countries.
For more information, you are welcome to contact Eva Belter-Andersen or Camilla Svendsen from Hudson Nordic at phone 70277733. To apply, please click “ansøg” on top of the page.