Area Director, Payroll & HR Legal – Greater Copenhagen
Are you ambitious about developing a Payroll function that continuously strive to automate and use data for reporting and optimization purposes? Do you want to work on a strategic level and with the objective to position Payroll as value-adding asset in both business and people decisions? Finally, we hope that you are an engaging and change oriented leader, who can lead change and various skills and people? Then we might have the right opportunity for you.
We are looking for an innovative and change adaptive Area Director for Payroll & HR Legal
Reporting to the Head of People and Communications (EVP), the Area Director of Payroll & HR Legal will, together with an experienced team, be responsible for delivering high quality Payroll services and HR Legal advice to our client’s Danish and part of their Polish operations. In total, you, and your team support +1.000 employees in Denmark, +400 in Poland and several consultants, and the number is ever increasing.
We expect you to have your primary skills within payroll, collective agreements, and the like, and to be able to lead the HR Legal function – and link these two complimentary areas. The position is based at our client’s headquarter outside of Copenhagen and will work a few days monthly in Mid Jutland, where the payroll specialists are situated.
You will be responsible for 4 employees in Denmark and will be part of the People & Communications management team. Internally, you will work closely with all managers across the organisation, the union representatives as well as external key stakeholders from the Employers’ Association.
Develop and deliver best practice in Payroll operations and data management
Because our client is undergoing great changes, experiencing growth and is ambitious about continuous development, you can expect a Payroll & HR Legal department that meets changing requirements, while also having a need for defining, establishing, and automating standards and processes. Thus, you will take charge of raising the capabilities within salary cost management, people statistics, collective bargaining agreements, payroll tools, remuneration benchmark, and pension scheme. You seek to balance business needs with legislations and systems. Your tasks and responsibilities include:
- end to end responsibility for all payroll related activities in Denmark and partly in Poland, where there is support from external consultants.
- securing that payroll and HR legal strategies and processes support business needs and corporate strategy.
- responsible for managing collective bargaining agreements, negotiating local agreements, and managing relations to union representatives.
- contract ownership of the pension scheme that covers all employees in Denmark and responsible for the value creation to the employees.
- implementation of salary cost management and salary span.
- keeping up to date on best practices within payroll services and use of people master data and seeking to be one step ahead of what characterizes a modern payroll operation.
- preparing material for and reporting to the executive team and the board regarding people data,
- drive a remuneration benchmark process.
- lead the re-negotiation of the pension scheme together with the legal function.
We are looking for you who always seek to be one step ahead
Preferably, you hold a bachelor or master’s degree in economics, labour law or business administration and combine this with significant experience from a similar role, where you have managed Payroll, HR Administration, or equivalent.
You are experienced in using Excel and in creating people data and statistics. Important is that you have experience with collective and local agreements and that you are used to executing payroll for various types of hires. Because you will operate in an international context, you are of course fluent in Danish and English, you know Danish labour legislations, and you easily operate in IT systems and -tools.
As a person, you are ambitious about making a difference in what you do and deliver – both individually and through your team that you go to great lengths to develop and motivate. You know that experience and feelings cannot stand alone, and you are thus people data-driven and make decisions based on data analysis. In your stakeholder management, you can engage with managers, employees, union representatives and external stakeholders.
For more information, you are welcome to contact Camilla Svendsen from Hudson Nordic at phone 70277733. Hudson Nordic supports in the selection. To apply, please click “ansøg” on top of the page.