We are looking for an outgoing and energetic Brand Manager
On behalf of our client Pernod Ricard Denmark, we are looking for a successor of the newly promoted Marketing Manager.
The business of Pernod Ricard Denmark is spread on three channels and more than 20 brands. Pernod Ricard Denmark is holding a strong no. 2 position in most of the spirits categories and with a committed challenger mindset.
Are you ambitious and keen on being a part of a winning culture where “having fun” is more than ok, then this career opportunity might be the one you have been waiting for!
The position as Brand Manager will report to the Marketing Manager. The marketing department consists in total of four headcounts and a student assistant.
The Brand Manager will guard and execute the brand’s outward image and perception; and will develop and deploy an execution strategy in a close collaboration with the marketing team both in Pernod Ricard Denmark and internationally.
It is key that the new Brand Manager takes actively part in the very essence of the brands: The Pernod Ricard brand encounters to make it a “convivial (selskabelig) experience” – a simple, genuine, direct, and authentic shared moment that brings sincere happiness.
So, the candidate should be up for spending time with customers in venues with consumers and guests at festivals and bars etc. The candidate comes with a natural interest and insight into city life and development within bars, restaurants, etc. and also being naturally interested in the retail development in Denmark both offline -and online (e-commerce).
The role will also support and work closely with the Sales Team and external partners, including agencies.
As a Brand Manager you will be responsible of a product portfolio with iconic brands and high potential:
Absolut vodka, Kahlua liqueur, Malibu rum, Jameson whisky, Olmeca/Altos Tequila and Four Roses bourbon.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Owns local brand plan aligned with global strategy for the brands in collaboration with Danish Marketing and Sales.
- Builds and implements brand plans with various on-trade and off-trade activations.
- Drives clear value proposition for the customers; on-trade and off-trade, and initiates activities through in-depth knowledge and understanding of their needs.
- Drives PR activities and sponsorship events, influencers, ambassadors etc.
- Leads and implements the segmentation, targeting, channel and marketing mix strategy, taking into consideration the local Danish market and customer needs.
- Deploys strategic cross-functional and omnichannel communication and digital brand strategy (to national level).
- Proactively assesses our marketing activities and takes follow-up actions.
- Monitoring and reporting on assigned brands performance and activities.
- Monitoring of and follow-up on brand P&L, A&P budget, volume and market share performance.
- Is updated and has a genuine interest in the bar and nightlife industry, is continuously updated (visits bars and restaurants 3-4 times per month).
The right profile
The right candidate comes with work experience from a similar role in marketing, preferably combined with experience from Trade Marketing and/or within FMCG creating brand concepts.
Having an analytical mindset, is extrovert and outgoing, is a great communicator and is a strong relationship builder with the ability to build relationships with key stakeholders. The right candidate is resilient, confident and able to make quick but sound judgement calls.
- A bachelor’s or master’s degree in marketing, branding, communications or equivalent.
- General work experience minimum 3–5 years (full time), 5-7 years general work experience (can be including relevant student jobs).
- Experience working with branding and/or communication.
- Experience with digital marketing (social media, SEO and media buying).
- English fluency, oral and written.
About Pernod Ricard. World leading in Premium Spirits.
Pernod Ricard is a merger from 1975 of the 2 well-known anis-based brands: Pernod, and Ricard.
Pernod Ricard is the world’s second largest wine and spirits company and has undergone continued development, which is based on both organic growth and acquisitions. The acquisition of Swedish V&S with Absolut vodka in 2008 and Monkey 47 gin in 2015 are examples of the Group’s global ambitions.
The Danish office is situated at Vesterbrogade 116 in central Copenhagen.
Based on first-class products, presence in all continents and a decentralized structure, Pernod Ricard will continue its development internationally. From the long list of brands with worldwide presence and awareness, they have in the Danish market Absolut Vodka, Jameson Irish Whiskey, Ballantine’s, Chivas Regal and various single malt Scottish whiskies, Gin with brands like Malfy Gin, Beefeater, and Monkey 47, Kahlûa liqueur, Havana Club and Malibu Rum, Aperitifs like Pernod, Ricard and Lillet, Martell cognac, Mumm Champagne, and Jacobs Creek wine, just to mention some of them. All holding strong positions on all markets all around the world.
This organization is built around three entities: Brand Companies in charge of production and overall strategy for the brands, Market Companies linked to regions, in charge of selling, distribution, marketing and activation of the brand portfolio, and finally the Headquarters, located in Paris, in charge of overall strategy and cross-functional initiatives. Read more: https://www.pernod-ricard.com/en
To learn more about the position, you are welcome to contact Assignment Manager Marlene Høegh from Hudson Nordic at +45 7027 7733. Hudson Nordic supports Pernod Ricard Denmark in the process. To apply, click on ”Ansøg” in the top left corner.