CFO to FaunaPhotonics – Copenhagen
Financial lead and support in an international market expansion
The role as CFO offers the right candidate a unique opportunity to be part of an entrepreneurial company that is ready to launch their next-generation products built on a patented and unique technology platform. FaunaPhotonics expects rapid growth and with the needed investments ready, and the company is supported by committed investors and a professional board of directors. The CFO becomes an integral part in securing continuous success and expansion.
The role as CFO collaborates closely with the CEO, the management team, and the board of directors. A key task is to define and support the growth strategy, and to ensure internal infrastructure regarding Finance, IT and HR. The role offers a unique opportunity to gain valuable insight in how to run, strengthen and lead a company within a growth scenario.
A playing coach with room to influence the business strategy and execution
As part of an entrepreneurial business, your role is broadly defined and is expected to develop together with the realization of the business strategy. With a team of 3 people in controlling and office administration, you have an active role yourself.
Your primary responsibilities are to manage financial management reporting and following up on budgets, while also building relationships with advisors, investors, auditors, and key stakeholders. The financial infrastructure is in place and can be optimized further by developing an IT roadmap for automating and better exploiting data across systems. Regarding the HR-agenda, it is expected that you are actively involved in securing and developing one of the most important assets in FaunaPhotonics, i.e., the people. Other recurring tasks are expected to be:
- External reporting.
- Budgeting, forecasting, cost-controlling and following-up on individual developments.
- Accounting, quarterly- and yearly reporting (to the management team, the board and investor) for the entities.
- Overseeing purchase orders and quotes on customer assignments.
- TAX, VAT, statistics, and company insurances.
- Supporting management team and the board and act as secretary to the board.
- Participating in strategic development and execution.
A seasoned finance manager, who balances structures with supporting growth
As a leader and colleague, you are motivating, engaging and development oriented. You move with ease between strategic and operational tasks, and balance an interest for going into details, with analyses and execution. Towards your stakeholders, you are communicative, proactive, and wish to create. You describe yourself as structured, direction-setting and process-oriented, and with a true motivation for continuous improvements. Your distinct personal competencies are supplemented with professional experience in following:
- Preferably a background as auditor combined with experience from “the other side”, managing the full financial cycle from AR/AP to financial statements, incl. experience with ÅRL.
- B.Sc. (HD) or M.Sc. in Accounting or Finance.
- Experience from financial and business controlling, and with TAX and VAT reporting.
- Some insight into HR and IT related areas or interest in developing this experience.
- Some management experience is required to have seasoned the candidate as a leader.
- Fluency in English and Danish.
- Strong skills in MS Office applications, specifically Excel and PP, and a general broad IT system understanding.
- An advantage but not an expectation with experience from working with FaunaPhotonics’ finance tools such as e-conomic.dk, Roger and PLEO.
- Some experience from raising capital is also an advantage.
Why to join FaunaPhotonics
As CFO, you become part of an engaged team of 32 full-time headcounts that includes business and finance people, engineers, biologists, agronomists, data, and software engineers – to mention a few of the competencies. They are all fully engaged in promoting sustainability in agriculture by offering unique innovative technologies. The office space in the South Harbor area is nice and new, and where the full development and supply chain are represented. You are offered to join at a time, where there is room to influence the business agenda.
For more information, please contact Camilla Svendsen from Hudson Nordic at ph. 7027 7733. To apply, please click on “ansøg” on the top left side of the page. We will look at the applications on an ongoing basis.
FaunaPhotonics is building next generation real-time insect monitoring technology, which supports integrated pest management including timely treatments and intelligent spraying equipment. The technology platform combines light associated information on insects collected with a patent protected sensor technique and machine learning algorithms to differentiate among insect groups. By bringing a new technology to the market, we will fill gaps in knowledge of insect populations, leading to more sustainable agricultural production and improvements in understanding insect biodiversity, control of insect born disease and problems in aquaculture. On our journey we will make insect monitoring and risk assessment easier for our customers. See more on www.faunaphotonics.com