Commercial Lead to a company, where the next-generation solutions are built, and Scalability and Partnerships within Agricultural and Environmental applications are in focus together with positioning FaunaPhotonics to international companies with a strong Sustainability agenda.
The role as CCO offers the right candidate a unique opportunity to be part of an entrepreneurial company that is ready to market their next-generation products built on a patented and unique technology platform. Investors and partners are already lining up. FaunaPhotonics expects rapid growth and is supported by committed investors and a professional board of directors. This role will be key in building a professional sales team as well as ensuring that existing strong partnerships are developed and a strong pipeline of customer leads are exploited.
In the role, you will report to the CEO, will be part of the senior management team and a 30+ organization that works in a hybrid and out of the HQ in the South Harbour of Copenhagen.
About FaunaPhotonics and their Technology
FaunaPhotonics is developing in-field sensor tools to set new standards for monitoring insects within agricultural and environmental applications. Decision support tools that will lead to more sustainable plant breeding practices. FaunaPhotonics combines data analytics, machine learning and engineering skills. Next to this, FaunaPhotonics owns a huge amount of data that they use in their annual Biodiversity reporting, which their customers and partners rely on to make their ESG and CSR reporting. In other words, FaunaPhotonics enables customers and partners to be able to document rather than estimate their activities within Sustainability.
International Commercial Executive that thinks in Strategy and Execution
As CCO, you will, on an international level, develop business and sales through direct sales to industrial clients and establishing partnerships and distribution agreements. Imperative for your success will be to open the door and engaging in relations with large industrial companies. FaunaPhotonics has commercial ambitions that they need your expertise to realize. There is already strong interest from potential customers, which means that you will have the luxury of getting an established pipeline and business opportunities.
There will be a need for establishing standards for how to bundle and position products and solutions, set the pricing in the various markets, and evaluate what data solutions fit what markets best. In short, you will head the design and execution of a Commercial organization in an entrepreneurial company. To do this, some of your specific tasks will be to:
- identify and develop markets, find customers and partners, and execute sales.
- develop Commercial strategies for Pest Management towards Agricultural and Industrial customers and Biodiversity in, as a beginning, the EU, and the US.
- follow regulation trends, hereunder EU regulations, within sustainability and ESG developments
- develop a strong value proposition for products and service and a relevant pricing structure for FaunaPhotonics offerings, both within Biodiversity and Pest Management.
- lead your team of 6 FTEs (Sales, Product Management, and MarCom) and 2 Student Assistants, and motivate, inspire, and develop them in the Commercial agenda.
- head the sales team and actively participate in external sales meetings.
- within a year, introduce and implement CRM to be integrated with the existing IT platform.
International Commercial Executive from the Food or Agricultural sector
We expect you to be a leader with a genuine interest in leading and motivating others, with an eye for their development needs and skills. In your interaction with others and actions, you are extrovert, communicative, and convincing, and where you build, maintain, and develop relations with your team, partners, customers, and stakeholders.
It is natural for you to balance your strategic understanding with a passion for “being out there” and sell-in solutions. Because there are overall strategic ambitions, you can focus on using your experience in building product and customer segment strategies and creating the necessary structures that a scalable business needs.
Professionally, you have experience with or from some of the big players in the Food and Agricultural sector (such as Seeds or Machinery) and are used to navigate at an international level with BtB customers. Also, and specifically, you have experience from:
- Academic credentials at master’s level in chemistry, biology, or you hold a business degree.
- Experience with developing pricing structures, contract negotiation and contract drafting and closing, hereunder joint development contracts.
- Experience with data sales.
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience from leading a sales team, building sales concepts / materials, developing a SoMe presence, developing strategies, and defining KPIs.
- Experience in working with sales performance tools such as a CRM system.
- Motivated by and experienced in taking an active sales role, participating in sales meetings, building customer pipeline, etc. – and experience in developing key accounts.
- Fluency in English, in writing and speaking, and with flexibility to travel up to 30 days yearly. Residence in or around Copenhagen.
Why to join FaunaPhotonics
As CCO, you will become part of an engaged team of 30+ full-time headcounts that includes business and finance people, engineers, biologists, agronomists, data, and software engineers – to mention a few of the competencies. They are all fully engaged in promoting sustainability in agriculture by offering unique innovative technologies. The office space in the South Harbor area is nice and new, and where the full development and supply chain are represented. You are offered to join at a time, where there is room to influence the business agenda.
For more information, please contact Rushy Rashid Højbjerg at ph. +45 2014 0786 or Camilla Svendsen from Hudson Nordic at ph. +45 7027 7733. To apply, please click on “ansøg” on the top left side of the page. We will look at the applications on an ongoing basis.
FaunaPhotonics is building next generation real-time insect monitoring technology, which supports integrated pest management including timely treatments and intelligent spraying equipment. The technology platform combines light associated information on insects collected with a patent protected sensor technique and machine learning algorithms to differentiate among insect groups. By bringing a new technology to the market, we will fill gaps in knowledge of insect populations, leading to more sustainable agricultural production and improvements in understanding insect biodiversity, control of insect born disease and problems in aquaculture. On our journey we will make insect monitoring and risk assessment easier for our customers. See more on www.faunaphotonics.com