Chief Financial Officer (CFO) to BHS Logistics – Køge
BHS Logistics is a renowned logistics company with a long history and an even more exciting future ahead – with great growth potential and the financial resources to realize their ambitions.
As CFO, you will become part of the Executive Board and the Management Team and will be instrumental in ensuring and having a major influence on creating coherence between business and financial processes across the organization. Together with the Managing Director and the Board, you will set the direction for the future – and in your part of the organization you will be responsible for Finance, IT, HR, and Procurement as well as cross-organizational projects and optimizations.
The role of CFO will work out of the office in Køge, where the Managing Director and several members of the Management Team also work. You will report directly to the Managing Director and the Board.
BHS Logistics is third generation family-owned transport company, with a professional Board of Directors and Management Team, and known for a unique focus on the customers’ needs for large capacity and flexibility as well as for safe storage, handling, and transport of goods. With approx. 320 employees spread across four departments in Denmark, modern information technology, and a well-established agent network, the company operates both nationally and internationally – on land, at sea and in the air. BHS Logistics offers industry-specific solutions in many different segments and is particularly well-known for and market leaders within specialized transport for the pharmaceutical industry.
Leadership, digitization and strategic business support and development
In the role as CFO, you will contribute to a further professionalization of cross-organizational business processes focus on creating transparency in and following up on performance targets and KPIs as well as implementing the necessary IT tools. In addition, identifying and developing talented employees as well as having an eye for the skills that will be needed in the future is core capabilities needed to be successful in the role. Your efforts can and will ultimately be fundamental for BHS Logistics in realizing its ambition of a turnover of DKK 1 billion within a relatively short time horizon.
Your organization will consist of three middle managers and more than 30 employees that ensure deliverables across Accounting, Controlling, HR, Administration, IT and Digitization. You will be expected, in collaboration with the Managing Director, to develop the business, and your primary responsibilities are:
- collaborate with the Managing Director, the Management Team, and the Board to ensure that business strategies and ambitions are reflected in the financial dispositions, where you will provide sparring regarding financial and business challenges.
- prepare material for Board meetings and participate together with the Managing Director to report on financial conditions, results, and investments.
- prepare quarterly financial estimates (P&L, balance sheet, cash flow), annual strategic plans and monthly actual results as well as relevant financial analyses.
- initiate and set the framework for profitability and cost analyses in connection with business development and operations.
- handle and manage the process for major capital investments and disposals, ensure the right structures and priorities, and that the estimated benefits and returns are realized.
- lead and develop your organization and be visible in the rest of the organization in connection with cross-organizational projects and optimizations.
Experienced CFO from a corporate set-up and with a strong leadership track record
As a person and leader, you show the courage to challenge your surroundings, while at the same time having the necessary patience to have discussions and through these align and create support for your ideas. You influence others by having a positive impact and a certain degree of humility for others’ experiences and backgrounds. Doing things right and having empathy for others are important values to you, and your leadership style is characterized by a balancing an understanding for others but not compromising on the results in the end. Your approach is strategic and tactical at the same time, with an understanding of the difficulties that can arise when strategies need to be operationalized and executed.
Your professional qualifications include concrete experience as a CFO in a Danish parent company or a group with international activities, and you also have experience with:
- Leading managers with a genuine interest in developing talents.
- Working in a company with many daily transactions, which have given you an insight in the complexities that these transactions can entail.
- Transport industry or another logistics business is an advantage, but not necessarily a requirement.
- The functional areas such as IT, HR, and Procurement, combined with a deep insight into all parts of Financial and Business Controlling, and specifically Cost Controlling, Sales, and Investments.
- B.Sc. (HD) in Accounting or M.Sc. in Auditing, and with experience from overseeing the entire financial value chain from Bookkeeping, Accounting to Strategic Financial Management.
- Extensive knowledge of IT and digital tool implementation to strengthen transparency and follow-up on financial results – and preferably concrete experience from having implemented an ERP system.
- Fluent in English and Danish in writing and speaking.
For more information
You are welcome to contact Head of Search Annette Timmermann or Managing Partner Camilla Svendsen at Hudson Nordic on phone 7027 7733 for more information.
Hudson Nordic supports BHS Logistics in the selection. To apply, please click on “apply” in the top left corner.
More about BHS Logistics
BHS Logistics is a state-of-the-art transport company that daily employs approx. 320 employees at four locations in Rønne, Køge, Odense and Hasselager. We provide state of the art transport service every day and aim to be our customers’ preferred supplier, because we can create value for them.
At BHS, we are close to the management, we are involved, and we prioritize a good working environment. We like to be social together and like to participate in various company events, such as Christmas lunches and summer parties, eat lunch together across the departments, and like to spend 5 minutes in the kitchen asking about a colleague’s weekend. We have fun together – and believe that we collaborate best when the tone is cheerful. But we never let that get in the way of our professional approach to our work – and we all take pride in delivering a good job every day. Are you like that too? Then you will fit in perfectly with us.
See more at www.bhslogistics.dk