Financial Controller to SF Studios Theatrical Distribution – Copenhagen
Do you want to provide financial insights to a highly creative environment and become part of one of the leading distributors of films and TV series in the Nordics? Are you experienced in financial auditing and controlling, and do you want to apply this experience in a world with focus on distribution revenues, royalties, and much more? If yes, please continue to read.
As Financial Controller at SF Studios Distribution in Denmark, you are financial partner to the local business, while also being part of a Nordic Finance team in Distribution, where you report to a Nordic Finance Manager. Locally, in Denmark, you have 3 colleagues supporting other business areas. The transactional finance processes are outsourced to an external vendor. Work location is in the heart of Copenhagen.
The job – financial controlling, closing processes, finance systems, and projects
As Financial Controller, your tasks will center on accounting and financial controlling, where you make monthly and annual closing processes for the local Distribution business. In the job, you are point of contact for the external auditor and the business, and where you have room to make an influence on finance processes and develop to be superuser in Agresso and other finance tools. Some of your tasks include
- Oversee that daily accounting made inhouse and by external vendor is correct and in line with the accounting principles and applicable laws.
- Manage and support inhouse theatrical and HE billing and AR processes as well as oversee and ensure that vendor performs customer billing in a timely manner.
- Provide adequate day-to-day finance support and recommendations for decision making to distribution staff.
- Overall responsible for cashflow analysis, planning of Danish distribution business, and liaise with group cash pool.
- Perform timely month-end account reconciliations and other monthly closing activities and reporting.
- Support with documentation to PWC audits and respond to regular audit requests.
The profile – experienced auditor or financial controller, who is system savvy
As a person, you are hands-on and able to adapt to a fast changing environment. When needed, you stand your ground and can deliver high quality even when facing tight deadlines. You have strong analytical and structured skills as well being a detail conscious person. You thrive with having room to influence and ownership for your tasks, while you also appreciate to be part of a collaborative team.
Professionally, you have a background in auditing or accounting, which you combine with experience from controlling. Additionally, you can confirm following:
- Relevant academic credentials in Finance or Accounting.
- Experience from independently managing small and medium-sized companies’ accounts and reports.
- Strong outset in closing processes, balance sheets, tax, cash flow processes, and more.
- Excellent financial acumen, reporting and communication skills.
- Good Excel and PowerPoint skills, enabling rapid assimilation of key insights / messages.
- ERP knowledge, experience with Agresso is an advantage.
- Fluent in Danish and good knowledge of English, and preferably understand Swedish and Norwegian.
Why to choose SF Studios
People at SF Studios are driven by creativity and by creating worlds that people want to return to. They are in the forefront of the industry, with a clear mission to produce and distribute magic on screens across the world. They seek opportunities to promote initiatives that improve work conditions and strengthens the global film industry, and they make a big effort in corporate social responsibility and promote an atmosphere where everyone is treated equally. At the same time, they appreciate to be part of a growth company with a more than 100-year history in the business.
For more information, please reach out to Camilla Svendsen from the agency Hudson Nordic that manages the recruitment – phone number is +45 20714983 or mail email@example.com.
To apply, please click on “ansøg” in the top left corner of this page.
About SF Studios
SF Studios has operations in all Nordic countries and an international production unit based in the UK. Their businesses include production of feature films and TV series and distribution of content to cinemas, through home entertainment and our digital streaming service SF Anytime in the Nordics. SF Studios is owned by the Nordic media company Bonnier. There are 160 employees in 5 countries and with headquarters in Stockholm and offices in Oslo, Copenhagen, Helsinki, and London. SF Studios owns the Norwegian production company Paradox and is a major shareholder in the production companies Filmkameratene and Motion Blur in Norway and FLX in Sweden. See more on www.sfstudios.se / www.sfstudios.dk