Finance Business Partner to Evaxion Biotech – Copenhagen
Are you passionate about automation and building value-adding BI tools to support project controlling and reporting? Would you like to work in an innovative company pioneering treatments for cancer and infectious diseases? Are you self-directed and thrive in a fast-paced environment? Then we urge you to continue reading.
We are looking for a Finance Business Partner to take on a newly established position to strengthen Finance Operations in an exciting company, where business, projects and ambitions are constantly evolving. The role reports to the VP Finance in Denmark and becomes part of growing Finance team that manages the full financial value chain.
About Evaxion Biotech
Evaxion Biotech is a combined biotech and artificial intelligence (AI) technology company experiencing rapid growth. In just a few years, Evaxion Biotech has grown from a few people to a team of around 50 people in Denmark and the US, who leverage the power of AI to shape the future of medicine. A few days ago, Evaxion Biotech has successfully been noted on Nasdaq in the US, which marks yet another milestone for the company.
Build and position Finance as a Business Partner to the Project Organization
As Finance Business Partner, you will be point of contact for Project Directors and Project Managers across the organization, and especially for R&D, making sure that relevant information flows from the business into the financial statements. This means that you will work closely with the business and obtain a thorough understanding of the company, the business-critical projects and the vendors in relation to a variety of tasks.
The company is in the middle of professionalizing and structuring their project finance, which means that you will have a unique opportunity to design and build data structures, implement and use valuable BI-tools, and shape the reporting to match the business’ needs. Some of your other tasks will be:
- Contribute to continuous improvement of Evaxion’s procedures and controls, including implementation of digital solutions such as Microsoft Power BI to support the business and the finance function.
- Clean up and establish an overview of basic data for the systems and data that support decisions.
- Take responsibility of own areas such as accruals/prepayments concerning the vendors and conduct quarterly meetings with vendors to secure progress and keep an overview of missing / outstanding payments.
- Support in ensuring correct entry of projects in the (finance) systems and follow-up on progress with the project organization.
Passionate about Automation and Business Intelligence
As a person, you come across as independent, responsible and self-driven, with the ability to communicate and interact with various stakeholders. You get a strong motivation from providing your stakeholders and partners with service, advice and support. In your work, you are comfortable diving deep in numbers and data, be critical, deduct key points and to present your analyses convincingly and enthusiastically to your stakeholders. When you meet problems, you put in the needed effort, are flexible and solve them systematically and organized, and of course you always meet key deadlines in time. Through your work, you are used to deal with various personalities, nationalities and functions, and you meet everyone with a natural openness and interest in learning what drives them in their work.
You combine your personal competencies with certain professional experience, and you can confirm concrete experience with or knowledge about the following:
- Academic credentials in Finance, Controlling, Auditing, or equivalent.
- 2-5 years’ experience from business controlling, and preferably specific experience from project / cost controlling.
- Experience with BI tools; preferably with Dynamics 365 Business Central, Power BI or QlikView.
- Super user level in Excel, with experience from building reporting models and understanding of how to group and organize data.
- Understand AP/AR, how to report on status in projects, work-in-progress, etc.
- Fluent in English, in writing and speech.
Evaxion Biotech offers an Entrepreneurial Team Spirit, with Room to Influence
At Evaxion Biotech, you will be working together with dedicated colleagues in an inspiring and fast-moving environment that cultivates a collaborative and innovative spirit. With a flat organizational structure, they incentivize all employees to take on a high level of responsibility and participate in the decision-making process. Evaxion Biotech operates in a true Project Organization, fostering a creative and open-minded environment with a clear mission to improve global health and offers you the opportunity to be part of it.
For further information, please contact Assignment Manager Marlene Høgh or Managing Partner Camilla Svendsen from Hudson Nordic at phone +45 7027 7733. To apply, please click on ”Ansøg” at the top left corner.