Senior Group Financial Controller to Milestone Systems
Are you looking for a new and exciting opportunity within financial controlling, and are you ambitious about working with consolidations and financial reporting in an organization with global representation? Do you want to be part of an international team with room to influence processes and take ownership of and drive optimizing processes and systems? If so, please read on.
Milestone offers a role in their Group Financial Controlling team that interacts directly with 22 entities, the management team, Canon Group, and external partners that deliver transactional services.
The mission in Group Accounting, Tax & Treasury is to support Milestone in their continuous growth by ensuring accurate data to make the right decisions. The team consists of 17 dedicated employees covering financial controlling, accounts payable/receivable, intercompany, travel expenses, tax, and VAT. The team collaborates closely with colleagues across Group Finance and with the business. In total, there are 25 people in Group Finance working with all the finance disciplines and collaborating closely with Canon Group Finance.
The role reports to the Director for Group Accounting, Tax & Treasury situated in Brøndby in the Copenhagen area.
As Senior Group Financial Controller and in close collaboration with a colleague, you drive the reporting process for all entities, ensuring accurate and timely reporting from the capturing of data to the final eliminations have been completed. Your other responsibilities include:
- Drive and participate in financial projects, i.e. optimization and standardization of reporting templates and processes in close corporation with Milestone’s companies and service providers. On average, you will spend half your time on financial projects aimed at developing tools and processes.
- Responsible for Group consolidation, including eliminations as well as accountable for parts of the monthly, quarterly, and annual closing processes centred around the Group consolidation.
- Responsible for parts of the reporting to the parent company. You will be responsible for building and maintaining reporting templates, submitting Group reporting to Canon and preparing annual statements.
- Help the accounting team with accounting expertise and give support to companies within the Group regarding reporting and accounting related topics.
- Work closely with business controllers and give support and guidance to divisional managers.
- Work closely with external auditing.
As a person, you present yourself as focused on facts and numbers and with the ability to prioritize and choose between different perspectives. At the same time, you keep an overview of your area of responsibility and possess a good understanding of the full value chain in finance. You are a self-starter with a proactive approach and some project management experience. You have experience working with stakeholder management at all levels, and you know how to communicate complexities to your target group. Your professional skills include:
- Relevant academic credentials in finance/auditing, preferably a bachelor (HD) or master’s degree (M.Sc.).
- Experience as an external Auditor combined with a minimum of 2 years’ experience from a role as a Financial Controller.
- Experience with the consolidation of several entities and familiar with international accounting standards.
- Experience in driving various projects as a project lead with the ability to structure, keep track, and follow-up on the projects.
- Experience with different consolidation and ERP-systems as well as profound knowledge in Excel.
- Fluent in English and Danish, verbal and written.
Does this sound interesting?
Then apply for the position at the top of this page (“Ansøg”) as soon as possible and no later than 30th of November 2020. For more information about the role, please contact Marlene Høgh at phone: +45 70 27 77 33 or by e-mail: email@example.com. Hudson Nordic is the agency handling the selection.
About Milestone Systems
Milestone Systems is a global industry leader in open platform IP video management software, founded in 1998 and now operating as a stand-alone company in the Canon Group. Milestone technology is easy to manage, reliable and proven in thousands of customer installations, providing flexible choices in network hardware and integrations with other systems. Sold through partners in more than 100 countries, Milestone solutions help organizations to manage risks, protect people and assets, optimize processes, and reduce costs.
We call ourselves the open platform company. That stands for three things: open platform technology, an open business model and open company culture. Our video management software (VMS) solutions are designed with an open architecture which allows for easy integration with other security and business systems. Yet open platform encompasses so much more. It also represents an open business model with an extensive technology and channel partner network, where everyone benefits from stronger innovation and value creation for our end-customers. Our open company culture is a foundation for how we collaborate internally and conduct business and share expertise and knowledge with partners and customers.
We are a fast-growing company with big ambitions. The entrepreneurial spirit that founded the company can still be seen and felt, even though today, we are a global player in the surveillance industry. We are headquartered just outside of Copenhagen; Denmark and we have offices in more than 20 countries. We offer a flexible work environment where our employees get to define their workday and have a great deal of influence over how they use their time. We work hard, set our ambitions high and celebrate our successes together. If you are change-willing, internationally-minded and interested in growing as a professional, you will fit in just fine. Be sure to follow us so you can be the first to know about job vacancies.