Global Health & Safety (H&S) Lead – Sales & Marketing
Do you want to set the direction and lead the way for a Best Practice H&S framework across VELUX’s Global Sales & Marketing organisation that includes office functions, technical specialists and field service technicians? Do you strive for zero accidents? And do you want to join a culture, where Executive Management is dedicated to Safety First, and where you will have an instrumental role in anchoring H&S across regions, in a diverse setting that is exposed to various risks?
Then this is your chance to join VELUX in a strategically important role, where you will utilise your experience and passion for H&S in a close to Greenfield setting. You get the opportunity to design a structure and build relations concerning the H&S agenda, and there are almost no limits, because safety and a healthy working environment come first.
In the role, you will report directly to the Global Operational Excellence Director, and you will collaborate and knowledge share with H&S colleagues in the Global Supply organisation. In the regions, you will engage with VELUX people that share a mutual passion for H&S and wish for safeguarding the work of approx. 2.500 people across Global Sales & Marketing.
You can either work out of one of VELUX’s regional offices or their headquarters in Hørsholm, depending on your current place of residence. You will join a global organisation with a strong belief in diversity and sustainability.
Safety First! Building and leading H&S Excellence in a global setting
In a newly established role as Global H&S Lead, you are responsible for designing, implementing and executing your ambitious H&S agenda that is based on a philosophy of safety ownership throughout all levels of Global Sales & Marketing. This only happens by a close collaboration and relation with management levels and the employees that are daily exposed to various safety risks.
Based on VELUX’s overall strategy of Safety First, you define and communicate the H&S strategy for your area, and facilitate that regions are informed, trained, and supported in their work to ensure a positive Health & Safety culture. VELUX understands that it takes time to build a sustainable and long-lasting H&S culture, and to get there, your main responsibilities include:
- Act as expert within H&S, identifying and responding to existing, new and upcoming legal and best practice requirements.
- Establish an H&S governance structure, and review and support all aspects of company. policies and activities to ensure consistency and congruence in implementation and execution.
- Ensure controls, documentation, and maintenance of compliance requirements in accordance with regulations and guidelines.
- Establish and maintain a program of continuous improvement and support the roll-out of initiatives in close collaboration with regional H&S committees.
- Identify and provide needs for H&S training, awareness campaigns, etc. across the regions.
An expert in H&S, with an international outlook and passion to grow
As a person, you are known to be constructive and pragmatic as well as agile, when the situations require you to be. Towards others, you have excellent interpersonal skills, are collaborative by nature, and can communicate and develop relationships with stakeholders across multiple levels to understand their business challenges and development needs. People experience you as passionate and authentic in your dedication to secure a healthy and safe working environment, and where you are self-driven and proactive.
You may not excel in all areas of what we are looking for in a Global H&S Lead, but you present a solid foundation and a burning desire to build what you consider to be a Best Practice H&S function:
- Relevant educational credentials that support your analytical skills, business understanding as well as your H&S knowledge.
- Several years of experience working with H&S at a tactical and operational level.
- International exposure, but not necessarily global working experience.
- Experience from a matrix organisation and leading specialists or specialist networks.
- Experience with change management and how to anchor changes in an organisation, and in people’s mindsets.
- Project management skills and experience.
- Fluency in English, verbally and in writing, and skills in other languages are a plus.
- Qualifications or experience in ISO 14001 and 45001, certifications in Safety, as well as experience in accident investigation and root cause analysis.
At the VELUX Group, you are offered the chance to grow with VELUX. To work in an international environment. To be part of a company that leads the market in sustainable indoor living. The VELUX Group offers exciting challenges, good international career opportunities and an attractive working environment with competent and committed colleagues.
VELUX GROUP is a strong value based company with commitment and mutual respect amongst the core values, and teamwork and professionalism is essential to the way they work. At the same time, you get the possibility to develop yourself, both personally and professionally.
For more information, you are welcome to reach out to Annette Timmermann or Camilla Svendsen from Hudson Nordic at phone +45 70277733. Hudson Nordic helps VELUX in this strategically important hire.
To apply, please click on “ansøg” in the top left corner. Please note that we will look at the applications on an ongoing basis.