Head of Applications & Architecture to Europæiske ERV – Copenhagen
Are you an ambitious Solution Architect with some exposure to and a strong motivation for leading people and IT applications? Do you want to build IT-roadmaps for the future and according to an ambitious digitalisation agenda? And do you want to work with application development in a technology-driven organisation? Then, we recommend you to continue reading.
Europæiske ERV is ambitious about digitalising their business, and to succeed, this requires to be on top of the technological trends to stay ahead of the competition. This also requires continuous development and lifecycle management of their business-critical systems.
In the role as Head of Applications & Architecture, you will manage the technical roadmap and oversee the application landscape, where you will take ownership of the application layer regarding continuous development, configuration, and development of new applications. There will be 3 direct reports in Copenhagen, and indirectly, you will also lead a Development team in Poland, and a Data Warehouse team in Turkey.
You will report to the Nordic CIO and be part of the management team. Europæiske ERV’s Nordic headquarter is in Copenhagen, and you can work hybrid.
As Head of Applications & Architecture, you will work with multifaceted applications that encompass various technologies. You will lead the technical applications roadmap, including that you will oversee and take active part in solution architectural design, integration development using .NET technologies, and data warehouse and BI solutions. Specifically, your responsibilities will include:
- Act as a technical authority, resolving complex technical issues, making informed architectural decisions, and ensuring adherence to best practices.
- Manage the development and maintenance of core business systems with external vendors.
- Drive the integration development strategy, ensuring seamless connectivity between systems, applications, and data sources.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to gather requirements, design technical solutions, and align development efforts with business goals.
- Oversee the end-to-end software development lifecycle, including coding standards, code reviews, testing, deployment, and support.
- Leverage BI tools and platforms to develop insightful reports, dashboards, and data analytics solutions that empower data-driven decision-making.
- Lead and manage internal and external teams, providing technical guidance, mentorship, and performance evaluations.
Your stakeholders and relations will include regular interaction and dialogue with Nordic IT, international tech-hubs in the ERGO Group, frequent reporting and alignment of progress with relevant stakeholders within ERV Nordic, and strategic partnerships with outsourcing vendors.
As a leader and architect, you can operate at a tactical and hands-on level and has an interest in getting more engaged in strategic decisions. You operate well in a compliance and governance regulated environment, where you are recognised for your skills in planning, prioritising, and getting things done. Towards stakeholders and team members, you communicate and delegate tasks in an inspiring and motivating way, and you have a deep interest in developing your professional skills, yourself, and as a leader. Professionally, experience includes:
- Experience with solution architecture and building technical roadmaps for application(s).
- Proven experience from having worked with application management, both development, changes and new implementations.
- Strong understanding of software architecture principles, design patterns, and best practices.
- Some knowledge of .NET technologies, Cloud, data warehouse, system integrations, and more.
- Previous experience from supporting, leading, or mentoring development teams.
- Able to work 2-3 days weekly in Europæiske ERV’s office in Copenhagen.
Why you should apply
Europæiske ERV offers you to be part of Scandinavia’s largest provider of private and business travel insurances as well as insurance for people stationed abroad, and the ambitions do no stop there. You will become part of a Nordic organisation with approx. 100 colleagues in Denmark and Sweden, and many more, when looking at the ERV Group with representation in more than 20 countries and with 12 Euro-Centres across the world. Also, and not least, you will get the opportunity to collaborate with engaged professional people and in a culture, where initiative and good ideas are valued.
For more information, you are welcome to contact Managing Partner Camilla Svendsen or Search Consultant Benjamin Våg from Hudson Nordic on ph. +45 7027 7733. To apply, please click on “ansøg” in the top left corner. Please note that we are looking on the applications on an ongoing basis.