About Red Bull
Inspired by functional drinks from the Far East, Dietrich Mateschitz founded Red
Bull in the mid-1980s. He developed not just a new product, but a unique marketing concept and launched Red Bull Energy Drink in Austria on April 1, 1987. A brand new product category was created – Energy drinks.
Today, Red Bull employs almost 13,000 people Globally. In 2020, 7.9 billion Red bull cans were sold worldwide with a total turnover of + DKK 64 billion.
Red Bull marketing ranges from campaigns like the Red Bull Stratos – Felix Baumgartner’s leap from 39 kilometres altitude to their two Formula 1 teams – Red Bull Racing and AlphaTauri. Next is the company’s well-known punch-line that ‘Red Bull Gives Wiiings’. In Denmark, events such as Red Bull Cliff Diving, Red Bull Soapbox Race and Red Bull Showrun have defined Red Bull’s presence in Denmark.
Red Bull was launched in Denmark in 2009 and today employs approx. 100 employees with HQ in Copenhagen and is the market leader in Energy drinks.
About the job
The Head of Category & Trade Marketing is responsible for the development and coordination of the trade marketing & insights activities to maximize the potential of the Red Bull brand in the trade whilst maintaining the brand personality & values. Lead own team and the strategy of the commercial team and enable the execution of that strategy via Key Accounts and Field Sales teams. This includes all means of communication (internal, trade & shopper), internal coordination between marketing and sales, POS development and implementation, Category Management projects, trial activities and sales analysis to generate insight. In general, the job holder will co-ordinate and project manage all trade-led marketing activities.
Category and Trade Marketing (Knowledge & Capability):
- Develop trade marketing strategies, utilizing trade and marketing experience to recommend best trade-led activities. Recommend and support trade activity proposals with commercial backing, pushing the brand guidelines whilst protecting the brand image. Create and develop all channels of communication that contribute to the timely execution of Red Bull initiatives at internal, trade or shopper level.
Alignment and coordination of sales & marketing activities:
- The country marketing plan should be translated into sales strategy. Exchange ideas between Marketing and Sales departments proactively and challenge traditions. Establish an internal network with all departments necessary for efficient working – Communications, Brand, Sales, Logistics. Be the point of contact for the sales team to advise and give guidance on all account. You should define the Perfect Store by channel for your market using the International Model. Support the alignment across customers and channels in regard to trade marketing activities.
POS tools implementation and development/adaptation:
- Ensure national POS is developed only when international material is not appropriate, and a clear commercial benefit is recognized
- Build the data platform necessary to run analysis and generate insight – directly manage data providers
- Identify opportunities and challenges. Quantify the opportunities. Priorities and provide solutions to overcome the challenge or maximize the opportunity.
- Sales development analysis (by customer, by channel, by distribution point, etc.)
- Customer performance in all sales fundamentals
- Channel (Retail, Impulse, C&C, etc.) specific strategies and tools/tactics
- Promotional evaluation
- Business planning
- Run Category Management projects with the identified top customers. Build relationships with the Category Manager, Space Managers, Logistics Managers and Marketing Managers of the customer. Attend face to face meetings with the customer to present and work with them to improve the performance of the Category in their stores. Interpret the available data and shopper insight to come up with a tailored action plan that will grow Category turnover in that customer.
- For non-top customers provide initiatives and support to Key Account Managers, so they are able to implement them themselves.
Reporting to International Off Premise Trade Team:
- Manage all the international requests of data sharing and international tools local implementation
- Monthly fill-in of International Dashboard with market data
- Organization and follow-up of wave of store audits in local market
- Implementation of global tools (for in-store material creation, for elaboration of planograms, for evaluation of promotion efficiency…)
- University Degree (business, marketing or similar).
- 3-5 years’ experience ideally as Category Manager, Business Insights manager or analytical sales background
Knowledge and skills:
- Leadership, Motivation and Team Skills.
- Clear understanding of markets, sales & distribution, competitor activity, consumer & shopper behavior, category management & business insights in FMCG context
- Strong analytical ability and commercial acumen to understand market trends. Strategic thinking able to lead the sales strategy.
- Super user with AC Nielsen
- Experience with Planogram building tools
- Fluent in written and spoken English. EDV (Word, Excel, Power Point, etc.).
- Excellent power point skills
- Able to translate market insights into commercial concept sells
What do Red Bull offer
Red Bulls mission of Giving Wings to People and Their Ideas includes their employees. To give you wiiings at Red Bull you will have the freedom to work on what matters in the way you want to. Red Bull will support you to develop towards mastery in your field and they will champion this by giving you rich job experiences and ongoing coaching and professional development opportunities.