Head of Finance to Scandinavia’s leading NextGen entertainment studio
Do you enjoy working in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment that cultivates collaboration, innovation, and passionate employees? Are you a finance professional, who is ready to take next step in your career, and do you have a proven track record in supporting a complex project-based organisation? Then we encourage you to continue reading.
Our client is an agile, next-generation digital studio, developing, producing, and distributing innovative content across various communication channels. Our client has enjoyed great growth since the beginning and has well-established partnerships with customers and creative people.
The office is in central Copenhagen, and our client has entities in a few other markets and plans to expand. With a growing business and ambitious plans, there is a need for taking financial processes and support to the next level, especially within business controlling, risk management, portfolio planning and production controlling.
This is why, our client is looking for you with experience in business finance, understanding of financial controlling, and with strong analytical and structural skills, who can build management support and reporting.
Supporting the project organisation with financial transparency
As Head of Finance, you will report to the CEO, be part of the management team, and support the organisation with financial transparency and a project overview. You will be responsible of the overall finance function, i.e., be responsible for financial budgeting, planning, and reporting of the production activities. You will work closely with the business and thoroughly understand the projects, focusing on long-range estimates, risks, and forecast controlling. You will also collaborate with internal and external stakeholders, including the company’s primary investor that holds the majority ownership, and external financial resources and suppliers.
Some of your tasks will be:
- Responsible for annual production budgeting and drive budgeting processes while ensuring compliance and governance.
- Provide long-range estimates and forecast control.
- Drive financial reporting and management information incl. monthly financial letter consolidating all production activities.
- Financial modelling and business case support and business controlling.
- Bimonthly high-level estimates on revenue and EBT.
- Quarterly business reviews, including estimates for full-year results, including balance sheet, working capital, and cash flow.
- Provide overall leadership for the finance function.
Finance professional – eager to develop in leadership and strategic business support
You get motivated by framing strategic opportunities for the business and add value by providing value-adding analyses and overviews. You thrive in a creative and passionate working environment, with a flat organisational structure that invites everyone to seize responsibility and opportunities. You are critical analytical and structured with the right balance between knowing your numbers and being able to operate at a holistic level. In your team and organisation, you are a great team player, who engages quickly at all levels, communicates well, and can easily explain complicated areas to others.
Your professional experience includes:
- Experience in leading and delivering project-based controlling, reporting, and planning.
- Experience from a role, where you have supported a business with value adding analyses and reporting, and where you have gained insight in both financial and business related matters.
- Experience in working with an ERP system and advanced user of Excel.
- Interest and flair for IT and experience with process automation and digital optimisation.
- Fluent in Danish and English, written and verbal.
For more information, please contact Marlene Høgh or Camilla Svendsen at phone 70 27 77 33. Hudson Nordic supports our client in this recruitment. To apply, please click on the top left side of the page.