Do you want to create and develop first class internal controls frameworks? Do you want to lead change and drive projects to continuously improve the way our client work with monitoring and internal controls?
On behalf of our client, an international Danish company with activities worldwide, we are looking for a Head of Financial Risk & Compliance to become part of an ambitious Group Finance function that wants to operate at one of the highest levels of compliance and governance.
As this is a newly established role, it offers a “first mover opportunity”, with strong influence on future structures and processes, and it will happen in a Group Finance organization in the midst of moving from Good to Great. The role is located at our client’s HQ in the Greater Copenhagen region.
Lead in building frameworks and structures in financial risk and compliance
As Head of Financial Risk & Compliance, you are responsible for building frameworks and ensuring a systematic and consistent approach to internal controls. Together with a team of 2 specialists, you are a frontrunner and driver of different change projects to implement and continuously improve internal controls frameworks that are compliant and according to high standards and demands. The primary responsibilities include:
- Lead and develop the team’s competencies and qualifications.
- Develop the internal controls framework, and thereafter monitor and evaluate performance and make necessary updates to meet changing risks and demands.
- Develop and improve policies, manuals and guidelines, with responsibility for developing and executing the annual plan, using an appropriate risk-based methodology.
- Periodically prepare and report status and results to the Compliance Board, the Audit Committee and management.
- Develop and maintain technical advice and instructions/guidance by staying abreast of emerging trends and successful practices within the internal controls area.
- Work with line management in affiliates and at HQ level to challenge and improve established and proposed practices and processes.
- Provide training and advisory support to line of business relating to the framework.
- Coordinate and align activities with those of the company’s independent public accountants and partner with other Finance functions.
Experienced manager with experience from developing and implementing internal control frameworks
We expect you to hold a master’s degree in Economics and/or Accounting, combined with at least 8 years of relevant experience from an internal controls function in an international organization and/or from a big 4 audit firm. Experience from both sides of the table is an advantage.,
Your career has made it possible for you to gain experience from implementing internal control frameworks and you possess a strong knowledge related to internal controls to lift the quality and compliance level in financial processes.
You demonstrate a good overview and can plan and prioritize your own and your team’s work to meet commitments aligned with the organizational goals. You have some years of experience with people and/or project management, where you have headed complex processes, and you possess a natural management profile. To support your management profile and work, you are a good communicator and know how to get people to follow your lead.
For more information
Please contact Senior Search Consultant Annette Timmermann or Managing Partner Camilla Svendsen from Hudson Nordic at phone: +45 70 27 77 33 for more information about the role. Hudson Nordic is the agency handling the selection.