Do you want to build and deliver “best in class” controlling and reporting with strong data and high quality and do it together with and through an experienced team of mid managers and specialists? Are you ambitious about building a strong collaboration between Group level and the regions to ensure not only compliance but also appreciation of instructions and procedures?
For our client, an international Danish company with activities worldwide, we are looking for an experienced Finance executive to head their processes and deliveries in financial controlling and external reporting. Together with a team 6 people, specialized in cost controlling, consolidation and reporting, this role delivers leadership and heads deliveries, while also being a role model for a business-oriented, collaborative and professional Group Finance function. The role reports to a VP Group Finance, and it is located in the Greater Copenhagen area.
Leadership and change agent in taking Finance to the next level
As Head of Group Controlling & External Reporting, your primary objective is to support the Executive Management team and Board of Directors with reliable, timely and accurate financial reporting with deep understanding of the business and financial context. Furthermore, you are responsible for the continuous development of the function in order to establish a ‘best in class’ finance function, that potentially could meet the requirements of a listed company. You join a department that delivers with quality and become part of an organization that is ambitious about further developing processes to ensure data quality and supporting the regions in delivering high-quality reporting. Some of your responsibilities are:
- Provide leadership and act as role model in the organization and develop own organization’s competencies and skills to meet business needs.
- Build and maintain strong relations with regional finance, senior management and other relevant stakeholders.
- Ensure monthly/quarterly and annual accounts are produced according to IFRS.
- Ensure submitted numbers from affiliates are validated and consolidated, and with a continuous eye for how to increase quality and make faster closings.
- Maintain and develop accounting policies to ensure their proper implementation and keep aware of new regulatory initiatives affecting the area.
- Focal point for the accounting aspects of M&A’s (companies and products), as well as coordinating the use of external resources when doing due diligence.
- Coordinate external auditing efforts and ensure efficient audit processes with timely deliverables.
Experienced Auditor with industry background and leadership experience
We expect you to be a state-authorized public accountant or hold a master’s degree in Business Economics. You have in-depth experience from accounting and auditing, preferably from working with or in large companies with a complex value chain. From having worked in one of the auditing firms combined with experience from the industry, you have acquired extensive knowledge in developing financial controlling, manuals, policies and process optimizations, combined with a clear leadership profile. You are of course used to act and perform in an international context.
You present yourself as a convincing communicator to all levels of management. In your work, you are a conscientious and quality-oriented leader, who initiates and drives changes, where they are needed. You are also a leader, who provides advice and acts as role model, when it comes to a “best in class” approach. Your team is inspired and motivated by working with you, and you set an ambitious agenda and see it through.
For more information
Please contact Senior Search Consultant Annette Timmermann or Managing Partner Camilla Svendsen from Hudson Nordic at phone: +45 70 27 77 33 for more information about the role. Hudson Nordic is the agency handling the selection.