Lead Project Controller to a Global Engineering Group
Are you an experienced business finance professional who can support a project organization with financial transparency within your portfolio, delivering transparency, risk assessments, and project overview? Do you want to be a functional lead for 3-4 colleagues, supporting them with your advice, prioritisation, and overview? And do you want to work with high-level international projects? If yes, we recommend you continue reading.
Join an international finance team
You will be part of one of the Group’s business units , where they execute international infrastructure and energy projects. You will be part of a highly ambitious finance team that focuses on being close to the business, providing transparency and business insights.
The team is now looking for Lead Project Controller to support and front the project organization in the business unit – together with 3-4 Project Controllers. There will be close collaboration with Business Controlling and with direct report to the Head of Section for Finance in the business unit.
Opportunity to develop managerial skills and place you close to the decisions
As a Lead Project Controller, you hold the overall responsibility of project controlling within the business unit. You front the business and form the lead of a cluster together with a Lead Business Controller. In your cluster team, you collaborate with relevant finance professionals, and dedicated Project Controllers from a Shared Service Center.
As Lead, you have a holistic overview of the project portfolio in the business unit, while at the same time having an eye for details on specific projects and making sure, you get the necessary information through to your stakeholders. Furthermore, on a day-to-day basis, you will:
- have project controlling responsibility for large and complex infrastructure projects.
- participate in internal steering committees.
- provide financial risks assessments and ensure transparency on financial implications for projects within your portfolio responsibility.
- support project finance team in making enlightened decisions based on facts.
- to a limited extent do monthly reporting activities.
- do ad-hoc analytics within the portfolio.
A large part of the role is also to support the company´s continuous journey towards finance excellence and establish Best Practices in project controlling and project business partnering.
You do not have to be an expert in all, but you are strong in project controlling
In your role as Lead Project Controller, you demonstrate strong integrity and build trust towards key stakeholders, who experience you as proactive in identifying solutions, assisting your team in problem-solving. You balance well between details, risks and keeping an overview of a large scale project portfolio. You communicate your findings in a convincing and selling way, and interact with ease across management, project management and steering group levels. Perhaps, what is most important, is that you take ownership and get things done.
Professionally, you might have had a role as team lead or equivalent, but you do not have to; we expect you to be interested in supporting and developing others, and to see this role as one step closer towards becoming a people manager. Your professional experience include:
- A degree on bachelor or master level in business administration or engineering.
- Relevant work experience from a project controlling department or experience from a project-oriented organization.
- Be able to strike the balance between the partnering role and ensuring compliance with accounting controls.
- Be able to strike the balance of being detail oriented (understanding of systems, processes, and contract drivers), while also being able to have a holistic perspective on a portfolio of projects.
- Have strong analytical skills and understand how to divide problems into relevant parts, securing quality in the details while keeping the overview of the deliverables.
- Experience in working with project tools and of course super user in Excel.
What do our customer offer you?
Our client is a global leader within their field of expertise and invites you to learn from the best and expand your potential in an outstanding environment. Alongside your manager, you outline the path for your development and build your expertise on a day-to-day basis, working on global and local assignments.
To know more, please call Marlene Hoegh or Camilla Svendsen from Hudson Nordic at ph. +45 7027 7733. Hudson Nordic supports our client in this important recruitment. To apply, please click on the top left side of the page.