Legal & Compliance Manager to GoGift – a Nordisk Film and Egmont company
Are you excellent in translating anti-money laundering policies and e-trade legislations to support a fast-growing gift card business? Do you offer a broad insight in legal processes that enable you to support the business across functions and externally towards partners and customers? You may also be at a stage in your career, where you would like to be legal expert for your own business, and if you, we recommend you to continue reading.
To elevate their position in the Nordics and support their international growth, GoGift is looking for a Legal & Compliance Manager to ensure compliance and adherence to legal standards for commercial e-trade, security measures and GDPR regulations in the increasingly regulated world of digital gifting.
About the job
In your role, you will report to the CEO of GoGift and with a dotted line to Egmont’s VP Corporate Legal. You will act as an in-house legal and process manager, where key focus areas center on ensuring compliance with various legislations and that no anti-money laundering takes place. The gift card industry is becoming increasingly complex, and by having growing international activities with content partners in 60 countries, sales in several markets, and direct representation in some markets, GoGift is dedicated to ensuring compliance.
Of course, you cannot be a specialist in everything, but as GoGift’s legal responsible, you will set the direction – and you will be supported by Egmont’s legal unit, and you will also collaborate with external advisors. Your key focus areas include to;
- ensure support and follow-up on applicable legislations such as payment service regulation, Anti-Money Laundering Act including EU-regulations and directives on these matters.
- assist your colleagues in the Commercial team in negotiating commercial contracts with business partners and customers.
- provide guidance on compliance in GDPR matters.
- develop and oversee control processes and perform regularly internal controls and audits to continuously elevate the performance.
- develop and continuously improve and update process descriptions, documentations, risks analyses, etc.
As we point out in the job description, we will need one, who is flexible and change-adaptive, and with a genuine motivation for developing together with the business. The environment is dynamic and with an entrepreneurial mindset, and you therefore find it motivating to build your own legal entity that follows GoGift’s growing ambitions. This requires you to be independent and able to prioritize tasks and decisions.
Professionally, you are most importantly knowledgeable about anti-money laundry policies and legal processes in general. You support this with experience from:
- Candidate degree in Law from the University or M.Sc. in Commercial Law from CBS, or equivalent.
- Proven experience from a role as compliance manager, legal manager, lawyer or similar, where key topics have been the Payment Services Act and Anti-Money Laundering Act.
- Insight in the Consumer Marketing Act and e-trade legislations.
- Preferably, but this is not a requirement, some experience with corporate law and GDPR.
- Experience with ensuring compliance in business processes and doing risk management.
- Proficiency in Danish and English, both in writing and orally.
For more information, you are welcome to contact Annette Timmermann or Camilla Svendsen from Hudson Nordic at phone 70277733. Hudson Nordic supports in the selection. To apply, please click “ansøg” on top of the page.
GoGift, a part of Nordisk Film and Egmont, is an exciting market leading gift card company in the Nordics with global ambitions. Around 100 people are dedicated to delivering unique gift card solutions to corporate customers and their employees and yearly generate approx. DKK 1 billion in turnover.
The gift card industry is rapidly developing and has in recent years experienced strong growth. GoGift has grown to be a dynamic and international company with colleagues from many countries, currently 12 nationalities and growing. Their modern headquarter is based in an historic environment at Nordisk Film in Valby, and when working at GoGift, you will also be able to enjoy all the benefits from both Nordisk Film and Egmont.
As Legal & Compliance Manager, you will become part of Egmont’s legal network, where you will have several colleagues with each their areas of expertise, and who will be happy in supporting you to become a success.