Nordic Sales Director to Borregaard Bioplant (member of Biobest Group) – Copenhagen
Career role for a Sales Executive with background from or insight in Horticulture and strong ambitions to maintain and develop business to existing clients and distributors in the Nordics. The Sales Director heads a sales organization with 5-6 people in Denmark and Sweden, and distributors in Norway. Borregaard Bioplant offers a clearly defined on-boarding and career plan and a unique opportunity to work for one of the international first movers and market leaders.
People Management, Structured Sales Planning and Key Account Management
The role as Sales Director becomes part of an organization with a strong knowledge-base, unique product, and an established platform of loyal customers, who appreciate quality, flexibility, expert advisory and punctual deliveries.
In Denmark, Production, Sales, Technical Support and Distribution are represented, and the General Manager and Sales Director share responsibilities, where the Sales Director focuses on sales-centered activities, technical support, developing the sales staff and supporting in key negotiations and customer management activities. Because, the industry and products are complex, the Sales Director is thoroughly introduced not only to products, but also to markets and key accounts. The Sales Director reports to the GM of Borregaard Bioplant and will work in very close collaboration with the BB Group’s Sales manager responsible for this area.
Besides, over time, gaining insight in the general management activities, some of the primary responsibilities are:
- Strategically accelerating BB Group’s growth in the Nordics; directly and through distributors.
- Together with closest manager, GM Borregaard Bioplant, and with BB Group sales manager, define budgets, objectives and align strategic approach to markets and customers.
- Leading and developing a sales team in terms of sales approach, plans, technical support, etc.
- Monitor performance against targets and manage performance of the entire sales function.
- Drive sales opportunities from a full lifecycle perspective, KPI and result driven.
- Oversee and actively participate in developing large accounts and negotiating strategic partnerships and suppliers.
- Develop and improve distribution and sales channels and improve market shares.
As part of an international organization that prioritizes cross-country collaborations, the Sales Director interacts with the Senior Management, Sales, Supply Chain, Finance and HR at Group level, and locally with the Nordic General Manager, employees and distributors. Also, there is collaboration with 3rd party suppliers and customers across professional growers, gardeners and retail.
People-oriented Sales Executive, with Passion for Sustainability and Horticultural Experience
The ideal candidate is a person with just the right combination of ambitions and experience combined with humility, empathy, patience and result orientation. If you believe this could be you, you must be truly interested in learning and internalizing the values that Borregaard Bioplant and BB Group and the industry represent, while at the same time navigating between strategy, tactics and operational (sales) execution. This, of course, you supplement with strong business acumen, analytical skills and a motivation for developing people and organizations.
Professionally, you demonstrate a combination of different experiences and skills:
- 5+ years of people management experience and with ability to build, coach, lead and mentor people.
- Some experience from horticulture, either through studying, background and/or professional experience; preferably understand how a grower think.
- Experience in dealing with specialized BtB customers and retailers is preferred.
- Sales experience from direct sales, sales through distributors and through partners and with solid negotiation experience.
- Master the forecasting processes and budgeting and making account plans for customers.
- Capable of setting clear and deliverable goals for self and the team.
- Strong communicator, who is fluent in English and with strong knowledge of the Scandinavian languages.
About Biobest / Borregaard Bioplant
Biological control and pollination are gaining increasing attention and supports the general development towards having an environmentally friendly approach. In the Nordics, BB Group has, for several years, been represented by Borregaard Bioplant with direct representation in Denmark and Sweden and two distributors in Norway. In 2019, BB Group gained full control of Borregaard Bioplant that is still headed by the founder, who expects to retire within a few years.
Borregaard Bioplant / BB Group enjoys a market leading role, and in all years, they have had a strong belief in making a difference in biological control and pollination. They are active in protected crops, field crops, field vegetables, nurseries and the hobby market. Some of their specialties are greenhouses with vegetables, herbs, ornamental plants in pots, outdoor fruits and berries etc.
There are offices in Aarhus and Copenhagen, where also one of the production units is situated. In total, including Sweden, there are 14 employees.
For more information, please contact Senior Search Consultant Annette Timmermann or Managing Partner Camilla Svendsen on +45 70 27 77 33. Apply as soon as possible as we will look at the applications on an ongoing basis. To apply, please push the button above. All applications will be treated confidentially.