Senior HR Business Partner for ALK
Strategic HR support and trusted advisor to senior management
Are you a senior HR professional with experience from providing strategic HR support and acting as a trusted advisor to senior management teams? Can you link a strategic business agenda to HR value-adding initiatives? Do you want to take your career to the next level and drive an ambitious HR agenda in an open, inspiring and empowering culture? Then you could be ALK’s new Senior HR Business Partner.
ALK is looking for an experienced Senior HR Business Partner to support their global organizations for Commercial Operations and Research & Development (R&D). In total, the two organizations hold 800+ people and are both imperative for ALK’s continuous growth. The Senior HR Business Partner becomes part of both organizations’ senior management and support the organizations with activities across the world. Also, the Senior HR Business Partner joins the global HR management team.
Established in 1923 and headquartered in Hørsholm, Denmark, ALK has developed to become one of the market leaders in allergy treatments and vaccines. Today, approx. 2.400 people work with developing, manufacturing, marketing and selling ALK’s unique products helping allergy sufferers around the world. There have been heavy investments in R&D, resulting in strong performing products and a very strong product pipeline; R&D has teams in Denmark, the US and China. Commercial Operations has been very successful in marketing and selling the products worldwide and is primarily directly represented in Europe and the US and with evolving business in Asia (Japan and China).
Setting the direction for an ambitious HR agenda within the designated business areas
As Senior HR Business Partner, you will work closely with and support senior management in Commercial Operations and R&D. Most of what you do happens on a global scale, and where many of the initiatives and HR programs are implemented and executed by regional HR functions. There will be a few responsibilities that will be more operational in character, which ensures that you stay updated about what happens “on floor level” in the organizations. However, primarily your tasks will cover:
- Proactively identify where HR can support and strengthen the business strategy for Commercial Operations and R&D.
- Ensure optimal execution of HR processes and service support to Senior Management, either directly or through regional HR functions.
- Act as a trusted advisor to the Executive VP’s within the business areas in all HR related matters.
- Together with senior management define and promote a focus on high performing teams.
- Work closely with the HR Center of Excellence and regional HR functions to ensure efficient delivery of annual HR processes at all management levels in the business areas.
- Contribute, via project participation or project lead, to development and deployment of critically global HR deliverables such as leadership development, talent management and succession planning.
Experienced HR professional that can operate both at a strategic level and execute operationally
Professional skills is one thing, but first and foremost we are looking for a dynamic personality with the ability to positively influence people and make them realize how HR adds value to business-related matters. As a person, we expect you to be proactive by nature and look to solve issues pragmatically and rationally, either directly or through your team of qualified regionally based colleagues. Though having a strategic and business-oriented mindset, you still thrive with keeping updated on what happens at an operational level.
Your mature and reflected personality, you combine with some relevant qualifications such as:
- Academic credentials on M.Sc. level that enables you to oversee complexities and make analyses.
- Strong experience from HR business partnering in an international context.
- Experience from supporting the business at a strategic as well as at an operational level.
- A change- and transformation-oriented mindset and experience from an international context.
- During the career having acquired experience from having developed concepts as well as having implemented and executed these.
- Substantial experience in deploying HR processes and services within leadership development, talent management, recruitment, coaching, etc.
- Advantage but not a requirement; experience from a trainer and/or facilitator role.
ALK offers a globally oriented role based at their headquarter in Hørsholm. ALK is in the midst of a business- and cultural transformation, where you will have excellent opportunities to impact and influence business success and through this also accelerate your own development. ALK has had strong growth for 4 consecutive years and with a strong pipeline that secures continuous growth.
HR at ALK is also being rethought to secure talent development and high performance. To orchestrate this, ALK has recently appointed a new SVP HR & Internal Communications, who heads 40 people globally.
To know more about the role, you are welcome to contact Assignment Manager Marlene Høgh or Managing Partner Camilla Svendsen from Hudson Nordic at ph. +45 7027 7733. Hudson Nordic supports ALK in the process.