Tax Specialist / Head of Tax for Better Energy Group
Are you an experienced Tax Specialist, who wants to head a Tax function in an ambitious growing organisation with international activities? Are you still motivated by being operational in tax matters, while also working on a strategic and direction-setting level? Do you want to continue building structure and processes for tax and reporting from a Group level and across different markets? Then, we urge you to continue reading.
You will join a dynamic, rapidly expanding team and a workplace where you can truly make a difference. Better Energy (BE) Group is a leading, independent solar energy company that develops, finances, builds and operates solar PV systems and sells green energy across different markets.
We are looking for a colleague who shares our drive and commitment. When joining Better Energy, you must be ready to drive change and make an impact that matters. You are enthusiastic about joining a company with a broad professional foundation where we collaborate across departments and professional backgrounds. Like us, you are passionate about your work, and you share our vision of engineering a sustainable future. You are ambitious and motivated by working with other talented and dedicated colleagues.
The role as Tax Specialist combines setting the direction for a professional Tax function and managing operative tasks. Your responsibilities are divided between daily operations (80%) and new projects and development activities (20%). As much as possible, you manage daily tasks and specialist questions, and in specific cases you can go to external advisors for advice. It is imperative that you detect problems ahead of time, assess the risks, find solutions and implement them.
The primary responsibilities include corporate tax, indirect taxes and tax compliance, and some other tasks that you will be responsible for include:
- Corporate taxation of Danish and foreign entities including verifying CIT (corporate income taxes) calculation / reporting.
- Ensuring that tax position is correctly reflected in internal and external reporting.
- VAT in Denmark and abroad, mainly Poland and Sweden.
- Import and export duties.
- Transfer pricing and filing of tax returns etc. on a global level.
- Developing tax and transfer pricing policy as BE grows and as requirements change.
- Continuously identifying and analysing what the correct tax set-up is.
- Managing tax in relation to restructuring, establishment, and mergers and acquisitions.
The success criteria are to be as independent as possible, and with the ability to find a solution and if necessary, to verify the solution with experts. Along with the expansion of activities, it is important that you can automate what can be automated. For someone with a strong motivation to “set the direction and manage the tasks”, you have a unique opportunity to build your skills in a smaller organisation with all Group activities represented.
We are looking for a unique personality, someone who combines extroversion with a qualitative and detail-oriented approach, and who can oversee various complexities and tasks at a time and who is curious and interested in acquiring totally new areas of knowledge. Also, you are strong in prioritizing and balancing your tasks, while being an operational hands-on person, who can, when needed, lift yourself up and take a long-term perspective.
Professionally, the right candidate holds specific qualifications:
- A master’s degree such as M.Sc. in Finance or Auditing.
- 6-7+ years’ experience with tax advisory from corporate accounting in an international company or from one of the Big4 consulting firms, incl. an understanding of deferred tax when it travels through reporting.
- Experience from a wide range of tasks in tax, VAT and transfer pricing related matters.
- Experience from delivering annual reports, working with IFRS and being hands-on with operational tasks.
- High proficiency in Excel and MS Office in general, and high proficiency in English and ability to speak and understand Danish.
Better Energy offers a great working environment characterised by dynamic, great career opportunities for the right candidate. They invest in and support their employees in their development. Employee perks and benefits include an attractive electronics package, health insurance and lunch scheme.
For more information about the role, please contact Camilla Svendsen or Ann Sophie Thalund from Hudson Nordic at phone: +45 70 27 77 33. Hudson Nordic is the agency handling the selection.
About Better Energy
Better Energy is a renewable energy company that creates new green energy. We design, develop, engineer, finance, build, operate and own renewable power plants that generate clean electricity.
Every day we work to make an impact that matters. We want to shape a sustainable future and drive a renewable energy revolution with projects that benefit biodiversity and ecosystems. Our vision is to improve the lives of people and the environment with power that is clean, reliable, safe and sustainable. The green transition from fossil fuels to renewable energy sources can only be achieved by adding new renewable energy to our energy supply. At Better Energy, we are determined to drive change and help companies, cities and countries choose green energy in a way that brings new renewables online and adds new green energy to the energy supply. The power to choose is the power to change.
Better Energy is one of the fastest growing providers of solar energy in Northern Europe with a pipeline of over 5 GW of solar projects.
Read more here: www.betterenergy.com.